I love the idea of the medicine basket being the symbol of a container of healing that we bring to our beloveds and to the world. I think it would be an encouraging process for anyone who wants to explore or reaffirm their own gifts. It is simple enough to accomplish in a couple of hours or a little less, or even longer if more sharing or ritual is involved.
My overarching affirmation statement is:
I am a woman who brings beauty for healing and transformation.
The gifts I decided upon for the basket are:
- I create environments of beauty and welcome.
- My creative mind envisions the unseen.
- I create sacred space for contemplation and connection.
- I am passionate about releasing self expression.
- I bring healing art for your soul.
- My heart is loyal to my friends.
The symbol that is represented in the space under the handle is a rose, which speaks of beauty and transformation.
I noticed that I had an uncomfortable feeling about the way my affirmation of my gifts in the basket sounded. Something like, “How dare I write such glowing affirmations?” Shame alert! This tells me that my beloveds might feel the same and be reluctant to be super positive and affirming about their own gifts. I want to note to give them permission to not edit and to be quite affirming about what they bring!